Poll found half of Britons think they win in life – as they typically enjoy around four small wins each week
Image: Oli Scarff / Getty Images)
Researchers have identified the top 50 signs that you are ‘winning in life’ – such as not having to queue for gas, arriving late at the station to find your train is delayed, and announcing a free upgrade to the train station. ‘hotel.
A study of 2,000 adults found the main indicators that things are going the way you want – including parallel parking on the first attempt, and no one is sitting in front of you at the movies.
Other “punch the air” moments include a good day’s hair styling, soaking up the sun on your day off, and discovering an old piece of clothing that still fits you.
It also emerged that half of those surveyed believe they are winning in life.
Jaap Arriens / NurPhoto / Getty Images)
A spokesperson for Buzz Bingo, who commissioned the research after distributing a total of £ 2.5million through its £ 50,000 Big Buzz Special jackpot, said: ‘As the study suggests, de little things can really make all the difference – and really brighten up our day. .
“No matter how small, these wins can make us feel like luck is on our side. But we don’t just have to wait for them to happen – sometimes we can also create our own luck.
“After all, the saying goes ‘you have to be in it, to earn it!’.”
The study found that the typical adult enjoys about four small wins per week, or 184 in the average year.
However, they claim to need more than five days to get through a seven-day period – 237 out of 12 months.
This could explain why three-quarters think they need more of these moments in their life, and why two-thirds think they are somewhat lucky.
Other gains include inserting a USB stick the right way around the first time, getting served at the bar right away, and having enough milk for a final cup of tea.
Getting the green light during your MOT, getting an unexpected pay raise, and having it start raining right after you bring the laundry are also welcome wins.
And the same goes for those occasions when social events that don’t bother you get canceled and you wake up thinking it’s a weekday but realizing it’s the weekend.
Mateusz Slodkowski / SOPA Images / Getty Images)
It also appeared that eight in ten said these wins gave them a happy glow – a feeling that typically lasts an hour and 45 minutes.
Part of the reason for that feeling could be that wins make them luckier – or at least, that’s what 70 percent think.
But sadly, the study done through OnePoll found that 82% “can’t remember” the last time they had one.
Richard Kearns of Buzz Bingo, who has had 50 winners of his £ 50,000 Big Buzz Special jackpot since it reopened in May, said: Small wins.
“It’s always a great time where you can bask in the glory of that ‘win in life’ feeling. “
TOP 50 LITTLE WINS …
- Finally find something you lost and been looking for ages
- Traffic lights turning green on approach
- Get an unexpected tax cut
- Get an unexpected pay raise
- Line up at the front just before lots of other people join the queue
- When your car gets the green light for its technical control
- Get a small prize in the lottery
- Get a free hotel upgrade
- When something you have successfully planted blooms / produces fruits or vegetables
- When the weather is nice on a day off
- When you are doing DIY and it looks like it should
- When someone takes a picture of you and you’re beautiful in it
- Receive a compliment from a stranger
- When it starts to rain right after I bring the laundry
- When someone says you are wrong about something then you google it and find you were right
- Discover that you still fit into an old but special item of clothing – such as a costume or a dress
- Waking up thinking it’s a weekday but realizing it’s the weekend
- Arrive late for the train only to find it was slightly delayed
- When a social event you don’t mind is canceled
- Get to the bus stop or train platform when your transport arrives
- Parallel parking the first time
- When the clocks go down and you have an extra hour in bed
- Getting a seat on a busy train
- Receive an online delivery earlier than expected
- When you remember a chocolate bar that you kept
- Get the house for you
- Have a “good hair day”
- When you get a good response when watching a game show
- When you’re served at the bar right away
- Win an online auction with a last second auction
- Go to the movies and have no one sitting in front of you
- When you try a joke and it lands / people find it funny
- No need to queue at pumps for gasoline
- When you order a gift for someone and it arrives just on time
- When your birthday falls on a weekend or a holiday
- When your partner says, “Do we have a takeaway tonight?” “
- The satisfaction of having stored something where you can find it later
- Coming home from work and dinner is ready
- Fill up with gasoline and stop perfectly clean on the pound
- Return to your car just as the parking ticket is about to run out / move to the next price bracket
- Remember your shopping bags and stack for the cart
- When you crack an egg and you don’t get any shells in the mix / break the yolk
- Find out that a business meeting has been canceled
- When your child sleeps through the night
- Have enough milk for one last cup of tea
- Arrive late for work and find your boss hasn’t arrived yet either
- Put a USB key the right way the first time
- Find out that your boss has a day off
- Get the right key for the door lock the first time
- Post on social media and get lots of likes