Lonely is now an American hub on the planet’s best-selling “Ultimate Travel List.” The travel guide company has just released its firstFinal United States itinerary“($ 25), which showcases 500 of the country’s most memorable sites and experiences, from New York’s Metropolitan Museum to Kauai’s Napali Coast. Lonely Planet staff, authors and bloggers rated them all One can only imagine a boat trip and a tour of Rochambio – and the 320 pages of the book are full of destination details, backgrounds and photos to impress road trippers and armchair passengers alike.
Four of the top 20 locations are in our own backyard, including Yosemite National Park No. 2 and Joshua Tree National Park No. 11. At number 16
Here are the top 20 lonely planets:
1. Grand Valley National Park, Arizona
2. Yosemite National Park, California.
3. Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming.
4. Matt, New York.
5. Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah
6. Ellis Island, New York.
7. Volcano National Park, Hawaii.
8. National Museum of African American History and Culture, Washington DC.
9. Denali National Park, Alaska.
10. Napoli Coast State Wilderness Park, Hawaii.
11. Joshua Tree National Park, California.
12. Civil Rights Museum, Tennessee.
13. Central Park, New York.
14. Golden Gate Bridge, California.
15. White Sands National Park, New Mexico.
16. Mayor Woods, California.
17. Crater Lake, Oregon.
18. Freedom Trail, Massachusetts.
19. Glacier National Park, Montana.
20. 9/11 Memorial and Museum, New York.