NEW YORK – The Moki Bates and World Series champions Los Angeles Dodgers had four of the top 10 best-selling jerseys in Major League Baseball this season.
The Bates No. 50 uniform topped the Boston Red Sox for the second year in a row after the pre-2020 season. He was joined in the top 10 by teammate Clayton Kershaw five, Cody Blinger six and World Series MVP Corey Sager eight. Kershaw and Caesar are ready to become free agents.
Bates was followed at No. 2 by Pedres star Fernando Tates Jr., who signed a 40 340 million, 14-year contract to stay with San Diego before the season and then played his part in the NLMVP race. What
Ronald Aquana Jr. of the Atlanta Breeze finished third despite a knee injury that ended the season in July, while Xavier Beaz finished fourth with a combined sale of his cabs and mats jerseys after trading in the New York mid-season.
The Los Angeles-based two-way Phenom Shohi Ohtani finished ninth after one of the most notable seasons in baseball history. The AL MVP favorite had 46 homers, 100 RBIs and a .965 OPS plate and also started at 23 start on the hill with a 9-2 to 3.18 ERA.
Yankees Sluger Aaron Judge, who led the MLB in jersey sales for three consecutive years from 2017-19, finished seventh. Nolan Arenado was 10th in his first season with the St. Louis Cardinals after a trade with Colando, followed by Flaise star Bryce Harper at 11th.
Anthony Rizzo, who traded mid-season from the Cabs to the Yankees, is 12th with his combined total. He was followed by Angeles star Mike Trout, who broke the list after playing only 36 games due to a calf injury.
The rating, released by MLB and MLB Players Inc. on Monday, is based on sales of Nike jerseys from MLBShop.com.
MLB Jersey Sales Ranking
- Mookie Bates, Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Fernando Tates Jr., San Diego Pedres.
- Ronald Aquana Jr., Atlanta Brave.
- Xavier Bays, New York Mets *
- Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Cody Bellinger, Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Aaron Judge, New York Yankees.
- Corey Sager, Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Shohi Ohtani, Los Angeles Angeles.
- Nolan Arenado, St. Louis Cardinals.
- Bryce Harper, Philadelphia Fleas.
- Anthony Rizzo, New York Yankees *
- Mike Trout, Los Angeles.
- Mini Machado, San Diego Pedres.
- Freddie Freeman, Atlanta Brave.
- Francisco Landor, New York Mets.
- Jose Altov, Houston Astros.
- Eder Molina, St. Louis Cardinals.
- Jacob D. Groom, New York Mets.
- Christian Yelich, Milwaukee Brewers.
* Includes joint sales of past and present teams.