I’m A Celebrity’s Richard Madeley, 65, rushed to hospital after falling ill – hours after finishing the grueling Kitchen Nightmares trial
- Broadcaster was treated by medics after camp became “upset and concerned” about his unexpected illness
- He has since been taken to hospital as a “precautionary measure” but is now “on the mend”, sources say
- Viewers saw Richard attempting to complete the Kitchen Nightmares trial on Wednesday, which saw him wade through rotten fruit
- After getting just four stars, he and the camp enjoyed the squirrel for dinner
The broadcaster, 65, who took part in his first solo attempt which saw him attempt to untie a rope with his mouth, was treated by medics after raising concern in the camp, before being taken away for treatment as a precautionary measure.
Scary: I’m a celebrity get me out of here Richard Madeley was hospitalized after falling ill overnight
“He has since been taken to hospital as a precaution, the health and safety of our campmates is our priority.”
A source added: “It was horrible – the campers were really upset and worried, the whole crew and medics rushed to help him. It was a real fear for everyone involved.
The insider added that Richard was taken to hospital as a precaution, but was now “on the mend”.
Hours earlier, Richard had only gotten four stars on his first solo attempt and was forced to use his mouth to try and untie some of the knots in order to retrieve the stars that were hanging from a rope.
As the entrails and giblets of the fish fell on him, the presenter struggled to untie the string that carried the stars and, exasperated, said, “Saint Moly”, before the horn sounded again, marking the end of the game. task.
Speaking of the knot, he said, “Who tied these knots? It’s wet and it’s tight. This one isn’t tight, ”eliciting laughter from Ant and Dec.
“Such a disappointment,” said Richard: “We will have something to eat tonight. I really hoped to do better than that.
A discouraged Richard returned to camp and told them how difficult he found the trial, and the campmates graciously accepted that he only managed to get four stars, which led to a meager dinner. squirrel.