World War II may have ended more than 75 years ago, but its effects can still be seen throughout Europe and around the world.
In some places the ground is forever stained with war, while buildings are riddled with bullets from long-forgotten battles, and the monuments are reminiscent of lives lost between 1939 and 1945.
Non-detonated bombs are still exposed today, forcing residents to evacuate as experts are called in to disperse them.
Another piece of weapons was recently discovered, thinking of World War II after a German submachine gun. Detected by magnetic fishermen..
The archeological site was excavated near the town of Stroud on the River Frome in Britain.
It represents a typical firearm – the strap is still attached – that has been under water for decades. It was mixed with a few pills.
Explaining further about the search and its age, the Post said: “OF63 – was called in today to help a fisherman who pulled something different out of the river! This is a piece of German sub-machine gun history that As old as 1940. “
He explained that both items were found by a magnet fisherman, who alerted police to their search.
The police account tweeted: “No, we don’t recommend eating it!
An eagle-eyed poster showed that the bullets did not come from the weapon, as Sam Copeland wrote: “Maybe there’s even more downstairs. Those bullets don’t work with this gun.”
To which the police officer replied: “We know that the ammunition found is different from the weapon, it only shows the two items found by the fisherman.”
Declan Rogers also commented on the search, saying: “Wow, it’s weird to think he’s been there all these years.”
Richard Smith joked: “It will shine.”
Ken Gudon added: “A splash of WD40, configured.”
In related news, the secretary of a former Nazi concentration camp was due to stand trial last week, but he fled instead. He was taken into custody hours later and remanded in custody, according to Agence France-Presse. A court on Tuesday ruled he could be released under certain conditions, according to the news agency.
Armgard Firchner failed to appear in Etzhoho Court, north of Hamburg, Germany, on Thursday, September 30. The next hearing is set for October 19
The 96-year-old is set to become the first woman in decades to be prosecuted in Germany for atrocities committed during the Nazi regime. He is accused of aiding and abetting the 11,412 murders that took place between 1943 and 1945.
Furchner was 18 when he started. Work as a typist in the Stoff camp in Nazi-occupied Poland.. Christoph Raquel, a lawyer who has represented Holocaust survivors for years, said Furchner kept all of the camp commander’s correspondence while working for Commander Paul Werner Hope.
Newsweek Reach losGlosPolSpecOps for comment.