9/11 families launch ad attacking Trump for hosting Saudi-backed golf tournament

‘How much money to turn away from your own country?’ 9/11 families launched an ad attacking Trump for holding the Saudi-backed LIV tournament 50 miles from Ground Zero in Bedminster.

  • A group of 9/11 survivors and family members is shaming former President Donald Trump.
  • Trump’s Bedminster resort is the venue for the Saudi-backed LIV Golf Invitational Series, which begins Friday.
  • The group 9/11 Justice released a TV ad on Tuesday calling it ‘disgusting’ that the tournament was being held ’50 miles from Ground Zero’.
  • ‘How much money to turn away from your own country?’ A family member asks in a 30-second space.
  • For years, members of the 9/11 family have taken a stand against Saudi Arabia — where 15 of the hijackers from the Sept. 19, 2001, terrorist attacks hailed from.
  • Last week, Trump publicly supported the tournament and made a supportive contact with the group over the weekend.

<!–

<!–

<!– <!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

A group of 9/11 survivors and family members is shaming former President Donald Trump for hosting the Saudi-backed LIV Golf Invitational Series at his Bedminster golf resort this weekend.

The group 9/11 Justice released a television ad on Tuesday calling it ‘disgusting’ that the tournament was being held ’50 miles from Ground Zero’, featuring an image of the Bedminster welcome sign. Is.

‘How much money to turn away from your own country?’ A family member asks in a 30-second space.

For years, members of the 9/11 family have taken a stand against Saudi Arabia — where 15 of the hijackers from the Sept. 19, 2001, terrorist attacks hailed from.

A family member says, ‘You are taking money from an evil government.

The group said the ad will air in the New York City and Bedminster markets, as well as run on cable on Fox News Channel, which Trump has historically watched.

The Group 9/11 Justice Released A Television Ad On Tuesday Calling It 'Disgusting' That The Tournament Was Being Held '50 Miles From Ground Zero', With An Image Of The Bedminster Welcome Sign On Screen. But Is Shining.

The group 9/11 Justice released a television ad on Tuesday calling it ‘disgusting’ that the tournament was being held ’50 miles from Ground Zero’, with an image of the Bedminster welcome sign on screen. but is shining.

Members Of The 9/11 Family Called It 'Disgusting' And Said Golfers Should Be Ashamed Of Themselves For Playing In A Saudi-Backed Tournament After 15 Of The 19/11 (Left) Hijackers Were From Saudi Arabia.

Members Of The 9/11 Family Called It 'Disgusting' And Said Golfers Should Be Ashamed Of Themselves For Playing In A Saudi-Backed Tournament After 15 Of The 19/11 (Left) Hijackers Were From Saudi Arabia.

Members of the 9/11 family called it ‘disgusting’ and said golfers should be ashamed of themselves for playing in a Saudi-backed tournament after 15 of the 19/11 (left) hijackers were from Saudi Arabia.

A New Television Ad Released On Tuesday Is Urging People To Call Trump'S Bedminster Resort And 'Tell Them It'S Wrong'.

A New Television Ad Released On Tuesday Is Urging People To Call Trump'S Bedminster Resort And 'Tell Them It'S Wrong'.

A new television ad released on Tuesday is urging people to call Trump’s Bedminster resort and ‘tell them it’s wrong’.

The ad is aimed at Trump and the golfers participating in the tournament.

A family member said: ‘I will never forget, I will never forgive the golfers for taking this bloody money.’

The spot encourages people to call Bedminster and ‘tell them it’s wrong.’

The tournament will start on Friday and continue till Sunday.

Golfers including Bryson DeChambeau, Dustin Johnson and Phil Mickelson are expected to attend.

Last week, Trump encouraged golfers to join a Saudi-backed golf tournament and ‘take the money now’.

“All those golfers who remain ‘loyal’ to the highly disloyal PGA, in all its various guises, will pay a heavy price in the inevitable merger with LIV, and a big ‘thank you’ from PGA officials.” Nothing but will be found. Who are making millions of dollars a year,’ Trump wrote. ‘If you don’t take the money now, you’ll get nothing after the merger, and that just goes to show how smart the original signatories were.’

The group of 9/11 families wrote directly to Trump and heard from an aide this weekend that he had received the letter.

Politico reported. That an aide called 9/11 Justice President Brett Eagleson and acknowledged the receipt.

That’s it [repeated] The same talking points, one is that the contract is binding and there is no way out of it.’

‘And when I pressed when [the contract] Signed, she said she didn’t know and just kept saying the president was flattering with the letter, which was a strange thing to say, because it wasn’t a very flattering letter. Eagleson told Politico that he basically called him a hypocrite.

Eagleson later said that while he appreciated receiving a call from an unnamed associate of Trump’s, it wasn’t enough.

“But as we originally said in our letter, our families are hurt, and we’re upset that he’s hosting this week’s golf tournament and that he’s not willing to sit down and listen to our concerns,” Eagleson said. are.’

“One of the reasons we requested to meet with the former president is because we wanted to try to understand how much he is benefiting financially from hosting both LIV tournaments,” Eagleson added.

‘So now we have decided to make our feelings more public by telling our story on television,’ he added.

Advertisement